Thursday, September 21, 2006

An embarrassment of riches

Sometimes it's a case of "be careful what you wish for". Having put up my experimental lengthsman feature, several people have tried it, despite it being hidden well away. At the same time, photographers have been very active, not just submitting some truely stunning images, but also adding new places, and suggesting that photographs should be moved around as well.

And they've been doing it faster than I can keep up. So I've bitten the bullet and put updating things on hold somewhat while I automate the process. I suspect there's a technical term for this in project management terminology, but I view it as leaving the alligators alone and getting on with draining the swamp!

Not that this is, in any way, meant to be a complaint about the volumes of data. It's incredibly rewarding to see the amount of effort people are prepared to put into providing stuff for the site, and every bit is appreciated. It's just sometimes it gets hard to find the time out from real life to do anything with it! But please, keep it coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home